Experienced Network Engineer
The job consists of both project-based and operational tasks for our customer and its customers. As a network specialist, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the customers’ LAN (wired and wireless), WAN and internet connectivity, including design, installation and support of numerous VPN connections to their customers and suppliers. You will also participate in challenging network and security related projects for their biggest customers, sometimes off-site.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot networking hardware and software products;
• Maintain security solutions, including firewall and intrusion detection systems;
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports;
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems, recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair;
• Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs;
• Support development and implementation of networking projects and new technology installations;
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of networking contracts and supervise contract-based installations;
• Liaise with, and provide training and support to, service desk support staff on network issues;
• Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures and manuals;
• Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.